Wood Eating Insects Are Invading Columbus
There are millions of termite species living in and around the Columbus area. Because they cause more than five billion dollars in damages each year, these creatures are regarded as some of the most dangerous in the world.
To combat the rise and spread of wood-eating insects, choose to partner with an organization that cares. Best Choice Pest Control is standing by to help however we can.
Here’s How Best Choice Pest Control Treats Termites
Unlike many of our competitors, Best Choice Pest Control leads the charge against wood-eating insects and their ill designs. Below is the average treatment process we use to protect your home, family, and business in Columbus, OH.
- Once you request a termite inspection, our team will immediately look for active infestations. We’ll start by looking for places where termites might be accessing the house, including concrete slabs, basements, and crawl spaces.
- If there is an infestation present in the home, we will utilize one of several methods. First, we may use ‘rod and trench’ (a completely in-ground system), in which we will drill a hole and install a specialized rod for treatment. We will also use bait stations in the case of growing infestations. Most treatment processes blend these systems together for an optimal outcome.
- We will treat all wood items in your home with a specialized product that stops termites in their tracks.
Ready to get started on a termite control plan that’s right for you? Call the Columbus office of Best Choice Pest Control to learn more.
Keeping Your Home Safe From Termites Using Prevention
All termite control programs begin and end with proper prevention steps. Check out the following tips for ways to keep your home safe from future termite activity:
- Eliminate all soil to wood contact around the house. Peat stone and river rock are two excellent options, as well as rubber mulch. Discuss your options with a qualified landscaper in your area.
- Do what you can to minimize the amount of moisture present in and around the house. Humidity is best removed with a dehumidifier. Some smaller items, including desiccant bags, may also be used in confined spaces.
- Remove any damp wood from the sides and corners of the home. Stack firewood at least 25 feet away from the sides of the house.
For additional termite prevention tips or to speak with a technician about your current attractant factors, don’t hesitate to reach out to Best Choice Pest Control.
Call, Click, Or Visit Best Choice Pest Control For Help
The difficulties surrounding serious termite infestations make it almost impossible to remove them without help. For this reason, Best Choice Pest Control is standing by to help.
Call us today to receive services at your earliest convenience. Our termite extermination pros will help by any means possible.